The nominees for the Swiss Wine Tourism Award/Best of Wine Tourism, 2021 edition, are known!
More than 40 applications from all over Switzerland have been registered by the organizers. The jury, chaired by Robert Cramer, is looking forward to choosing the winners of the various categories from among the 15 nominees on September 3.
Given the particular period of the last few months, the organizers are pleased to have received over 40 applications. “After postponing our events twice, evolving in a context of uncertainty and inactivity, the promotion of the events and the call for applications was not obvious”, comments Florent Hermann, co-organizer. “We are therefore very pleased with this figure, especially since many wine tourism providers are considering submitting an application for the 2022 edition, after a more concrete restart of their activities this year. “To be eligible for the competition, the wine tourism offer must have been in existence for at least one year.
The nominees for the Prix Suisse/Best of Wine Tourism 2021 are :
- A la découverte de Bellevue en camping car – Domaine de Bellevue – Mont s/Rolle (VD) Abbaye de Salaz (VD)
- Adrian & Diego Mathier, New Salquenen (VS)
- Bio Wine App – Fuger WineQueen (CH)
- Château de Boudry – L’Atelier du Château (NE)
- Destination Mont d’Or – Domaine Mont d’Or – Sion (VS)
- Electrobrunch Winemax – Domaine Bovy – Chexbres (VD)
- Garden Wine & Slowfood, After work at the Château – Portes des Iris Sàrl – Vullierens (VD) Ladies night – Wein Degustation für Frauen – Weingut und B&B Schödler – Villigen (AG) L’Héritier du Vignoble, playful and gastronomic stay – Hôtel Chavannes de Bogis (VD) Sleep & Wine by Hostellerie du Château – Hostellerie Château – Rolle (VD) Slow food Travel (VS)
- Tenuta Castello di Morcote – Morcote (TI)
- Valais Tour Surprise – Travelise Sàrl – Sierre (VS)
- Wines & Boat – Léman Dégustation – Geneva (GE)
Award ceremony on September 3rd in Aigle
The winners of the different categories will be announced on September 3, after the Swiss Wine Tourism Meeting. Robert Cramer, president of the jury, is delighted with this moment: “Wine tourism is clearly a strong tourist trend of the moment. This competition allows us to identify existing offers and to make them visible to the general public. It offers real added value to wine tourism providers who need concrete support, especially in these difficult times. ”
After the award ceremony, open to the general public, at 4:00 pm, spectators will have the opportunity to taste, in the Castle, the award-winning wines of the Mondial du Chasselas 2021 as well as local products from the region of honor of this edition: the Mendrisiotto.
Information and registration for the day of September 3, 2021 on www.swissœno.ch
MONTHLY WINE SAVINGS
Subscribe & Save
By signing up to our monthly mailing list you are welcoming the latest news, wines and savings directly into your inbox.